Official Target* – Vertical 3-spot
*Cub Division Target – Square, single 40cm face or Square, Vegas 3-spot
Shot cycle – 3 arrows (10 times)
Shot distance – 20yds (10 yards for Cub Division)
Early registration by 2/15/20- $50 per shooter/division
Late registration after 2/15/20- $65 per shooter/division
*Cub/Youth Divisions $35 per shooter/division
Sign up with a friend(s) or shoot multiple classes and save $5 per entry. Sign-up must occur simultaneously.
Registration will be in person at Weaver’s Archery or by phone at (570) 837-1418.
Registrations canceled prior to 2/15/20 will be awarded a 50% refund.
Registrations canceled after 2/15/20 will forfit registration monies.
Youth (12-17yrs) Unlimited
Youth (12-17yrs) Bowhunter
Cub (11yrs and under)
Prizes will be awarded to at least the top 3 shooters in each division.
First place prize will be a guaranteed amount - see prize listings below
Cash prize payout.
Additional prizes to be awarded by event sponsors
- See list at the bottom of this page for 2019 sponsor prizes
Secure, limited access equipment storage will be available.
Families/friends of shooters or anyone interested in archery are invited and encouraged to watch. Please be considerate of shooters and eliminate excessive noise.
Equipment Class Definition
Unlimited – Any sight, stabilizer, arrow combination (maximum arrow diameter of 2712 series)
Bowhunter – Sight - may not have any magnification lens, may be a single or multi-pin (may not be adjusted once shooting match commences), Stabilizer(s) - no more than 12” in a 360º from point of attachment to the bow, Arrows - 23 series maximum diameter with screw-in point
Cub – any equipment.
Qualification Round Format
- Plan to arrive 30-60 minutes prior to scheduled line time for shooter and equipment check-in, equipment storage, general warm-up, etc.
- Line times are scheduled every other hour on Friday.
- No late admittance; refunds will not be issued.
- 2 un-official practice ends will be allotted prior to the commencement of official shooting.
- There will be a 2 minute (2:00) time limit per end of 3 shots. Late-fired arrows count as 0 points.
- Arrows traveling beyond the Dead Arrow Line are classified as a shot and may not be re-shot.
- Targets will be changed at the scoring judges discretion during the qualification round.
- Qualification ends will begin at 4pm on Thursday, March 5, 2020 and must be completed by no later than 8:00pm on Friday, March 6, 2020.
Scoring judges are happy to award the maximum amount of points possible!
- X-ring = 11 points, next ring = 10 points and on down to 6. No points less than 6 points will be awarded. (Points will be awarded lower than 6 on the Cub Division.)
- Arrows must be in contact with the next higher scoring ring to count for the higher score. No target coloring may show.
- Arrows will be scored and pulled by scoring judges. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Competing archers may not cross the established target line until arrows are scored by the judges.
- Archers arguing with scoring judges may be disqualified.
In the event of an equipment breakdown, the affected archer must immediately notify target judges of an equipment incident. Archers may miss two (2) ends for equipment repair. The missed ends will be made up at the end of the match. Shooting not recommenced in the allotted time results in a forfeiture of the shoot score and the archer will be disqualified.
- Elimination round(s) will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, March 7, 2020.
- Archers eligible for the elimination round(s) may request to be notified by phone, text or email in the event that they leave the Weaver’s Archery LLC premises.
- Archers must be present for their scheduled elimination round(s). Late arrival will result in forfeiture of allotted shoot.
- Top 10 archers in each class move on to a bracketed-style elimination shoot-off (#1 shoots against #10, #2 against #9, #3 against #8, #4 against #7, #5 against #6).
- 3 ends of 3 arrows with a combined score will determine the winners to advance to the final shoot-off.
- There will be no provision for equipment repairs or physical failure in the elimination rounds.
- The 2 minute (2:00) per end shot time will apply.
- The winners of the elimination shoot-off (5 shooters) will shoot again, starting with shooter #5 vs #4, winner vs #3, winner vs #2, winner vs #1.
- 3 ends of 3 arrows with a combined score will declare the winner of each equipment class.
- In the event of a tie score, a single shot will be fired. In the event of a continued tie, a 2nd shot will be fired. If the 2nd shot results in a tie, a 3rd and final shot will be taken. The winner will be determined by the measurement closest to the X of the 3rd arrow.
- There will be no provision for equipment or physical failure.
- A 30 second (:30) per shot time limit will apply.
The “Weaver’s Archery Challenge” will continue in spite of inclement weather, no refunds will be issued due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
Personal attire shall be semi-casual to professional.
Listening devices (headphones, earbuds, iPods/MP3 players, earbuds etc.) are not permitted while on the shooting line.
Witnessed arrow bounce-out or other witnessed physical interference will result in another arrow being awarded to shoot.
There is a limited amount of bow racks, archers may want to have a bow rest of their choice for storage between ends.
We will be using the internationally recognized whistle blasts to maintain range safety.
2 whistles = get bow and move to shooting line
1 whistle = shoot
3 whistles = go get arrows – wait for judges to pull
5 whistles or more = some type of emergency, DO NOT SHOOT
Correct stance on the shooting line is having one (1) of the archer’s feet on either side of the shooting line.
When walking downrange all archers must stop at the established target line. Arrows will be scored and handed to the archer. No archers in front of the target line until all scores have been recorded.
No vulgar language, no smoking or vaping, no alcohol or illicit drugs of any kind.
Failing to meet these guidelines may result in your being disqualified from the event.
If you are not sure of a situation - ASK FOR CLARIFICATION - Don’t assume anything!
Sign up with a friend today and do your best!
2020 Platinum & Gold Sponsors
2020 Silver & Bronze Sponsors
Clockwise - Cub Division, Youth Bowhunter, Youth Unlimited, Womens Bowhunter, Womens Unlimited, Mens Bowhunter, Mens Unlimited